Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈwɪkʃən(ə)ɹi/, (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈwɪkʃənɹɪ/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (US) enPR: wĭkʹshə-nĕr'ē, IPA(key): /ˈwɪkʃəˌnɛ(ə)ɹi/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛɹi
- (Canada) IPA(key): /ˈwɪkʃəˌnɛɹi/
Audio (Canada) (file)
Wiktionary (plural Wiktionaries)
- A collaborative project run by the Wikimedia Foundation to produce a free and complete dictionary in every language.
- The dictionaries, collectively, produced by that project.
- A particular version of this dictionary project, written in a certain language, such as the English-language Wiktionary or simply the English Wiktionary.
For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.
the project overall or one of its component parts written in a certain language
Wiktionary n (genitive Wiktionarys)